A place where the whole family can feel at home
Our birthing rooms
We have two birthing rooms. If required, we can also convert a further room into a birthing room with a birth pool.
All of the rooms are equipped with a large bed for resting in and many tools for active labour:
- Birthing pool so that you can take a relaxing bath. The warm water helps to make the contractions more bearable and soften the perineum.
- Birth ball for rotating your hips or for use as support in the all-fours position.
- Birth stool with a soft mat so that you can make the best possible use of gravity.
- Wall bars, which give you stability and take advantage of gravity.
- Suspended cloth, which you can use for support when standing during labour, thus taking advantage of gravity.
- Music corner with a CD player, a smartphone adapter and a number of CDs. You are entirely welcome to deliver your baby dancing, in keeping with the philosophy that childbirth is a celebration!
It goes without saying that you can also use the stairs in the birthing centre or the nearby footpath to assist with your labour, as climbing stairs and slow, calm walking stimulate contractions.
Our family rooms
Das Geburtshaus Zürcher Oberland verfügt über neun Familienzimmer, die alle über Doppelbett, Wickeltisch und ein eigenes Bad/WC verfügen. Hier könnt Ihr Besuch empfangen oder bei Bedürfnis von Rückzug separat essen.
Our communal rooms
It is also important to us that you and your partner get an opportunity to chat to other couples here, be this during the meals, which are taken together, or in the intervening periods.
Our family nest
This cosy space is ideal for enjoying breakfast together as a family, chatting and resting. In addition to a separate therapy room, the apartment also has a bath for therapeutic baths.
Our day room and dining room
In the sizeable day room and dining room on the ground floor with its newly installed kitchen, you can treat yourselves to our excellent cuisine.
Our waiting and visitor’s room
In our waiting and visitor’s room, you can meet your visitors.
Our garden seating area
Our garden seating area is the perfect place to relax on sunny days.
Our course room
There is a large course room in the adjacent building that is used for a wide variety of purposes. Antenatal classes, courses for siblings, baby massage courses, baby sling courses, postnatal exercise classes, yoga and much more are held here.